Rancho Gallina is a unique “eco-retreat” on a historic ranch just south of Santa Fe off the Turquoise Trail Scenic Byway. Guests wake up to clear country air, soak in our hand-built cedar hot tub, take a walk on the grounds or down Arroyo Gallina (from which we take our name), or start the day with world-class cycling right out our front door.
Built for two pioneering women – a frontier doctor and her artist partner – in the late 1930’s, the ranch has been home to cattle ranchers, horse breeders, artists and farmers. Surrounded by working ranches and public lands, it is the perfect getaway for those seeking sun and solitude.
The ranch combines the rustic charm of classic New Mexico architecture with modern luxury. Features include:
- Beamed ceilings, romantic Kiva fireplaces, private baths, private and shared portals and courtyards
- Luxurious down bedding and high quality linens
- Kitchens/kitchenettes with French press coffee, and morning espresso in the barn
- Cedar soaking hot tub, fire pits, courtyard fountain, double hammock, bocce ball on the grounds
- Farm-fresh, organic breakfasts from our French culinary school-trained chef/owners
- Wifi throughout, but we encourage you to unplug, unwind and relax
- Outfitting for the active relaxers (daypacks, water bottles, maps, cycling gear) and plain old relaxers (board games and paperbacks)
Your hosts, Mitch Ackerman and Leslie Moody, have overseen the ranch’s historic preservation and 21st century environmental upgrades. The facility is now 100% solar-powered, with both high- and low-tech water and energy conservation, from geothermal heating/cooling to composting and xeriscaping to preserve our desert landscape.
We are minutes from state parks and historic mining towns, including the art communities of Galisteo and Madrid and both the Bonanza Creek and Eaves movie ranches (we’re in the heart of “Tamalewood”). Santa Fe’s dining, galleries and museums are less than half an hour away, and both downhill and cross-country ski destinations are within 45 minutes.
- Occasional farm to table dinners, with ingredients fresh from our own garden and nearby farms and ranches
- Special requests? Stock your fridge? Pack a picnic? Just ask!
Perfect for family gatherings and intimate retreats:
- Whole house rental sleeps up to 22 guests for retreats, gatherings, and celebrations
- Catering, planning and creative support for on-site events