Rancho Gallina is Santa Fe’s newest inn, a unique “eco-retreat” on a historic ranch located south of the city just off the Turquoise Trail Scenic Byway. Guests can wake up to clear country air, soak in our hand-built cedar hot tub, take a walk on the grounds or down Arroyo Gallina (from which we take our name), or start your day with world-class cycling right out the front door.
Built for two pioneering women – a frontier doctor and her artist partner – in the late 1930′s, the ranch has been home to cattle ranchers, horse breeders, artists and farmers. Surrounded by working ranches and public lands, it is the perfect getaway for those seeking sun and solitude.
- Beamed ceilings, romantic Kiva fireplaces, private baths, private and shared portals and courtyards
- Luxurious down bedding and high quality linens
- Kitchens/kitchenettes with French press coffee
- Cedar soaking hot tub, fire pits, courtyard fountain, double hammock, bocce ball on the grounds
- Beginning summer 2014: farm-fresh breakfasts from our French culinary school-trained chef/owners
- Wifi throughout, but we encourage you to unplug, unwind and relax
- Outfitting for the active relaxers (daypacks, water bottles, maps, cycling gear) and plain old relaxers (board games and paperbacks)
Your hosts, Mitch Ackerman and Leslie Moody, have overseen the ranch’s historic preservation and 21st century environmental upgrades. The facility is now 100% solar-powered, with both high- and low-tech water and energy conservation, from geothermal heating/cooling to composting and xeriscaping to preserve our desert landscape.
We are minutes from state parks and historic mining towns, including the art communities of Galisteo and Madrid and both the Bonanza Creek and Eaves movie ranches. Santa Fe’s dining, galleries and museums are less than half an hour away, and both downhill and cross-country ski destinations are within 45 minutes.
- Self-catered vacation casitas available by the weekend, week or longer
- Full service bed and breakfast on holiday and special festival weekends
Coming in Summer 2014:
- Full service inn with farm-fresh breakfasts, home baked breads and granola, espresso, Chemex or French-press coffee, and entrees featuring local organic produce and eggs from our ranch chicks!
- Occasional farm to table dinners, with ingredients fresh from our own garden and nearby farms and ranches
- Special requests? Stock your fridge? Pack a picnic? Just ask!
- Whole house rental sleeps up to 20 guests for retreats, gatherings, and celebrations
- Catering, planning and creative support for on-site events
Rancho Gallina, 31 Bonanza Creek Road, Sante Fe, NM 87508